There’s a good chance NOBODY reading this is thinking “Why would I want to go to that beautiful location with my wife. For free?”
Of course you’re not. That said, there were plenty of married Thirty-One consultants who came to Cancun without their husbands. I know there are tons of reasons some of those husbands just couldn’t go (business, staying home with the kids so she could go, etc.) and that’s reasonable. I’m equally sure, though, there were plenty of husbands who could have gone but simply chose otherwise. That actually makes me a little sad on several levels.
My wife often calls me “Dr. Obvious” (and if you know me, you probably understand that statement all too well), and here’s a case where I’m going to take a little time to state the obvious.
Obvious Reasons You Should Go With Your Wife On Her Incentive Trip
- Spending quality time with your wife is a really good thing. Especially one-on-one time.
- Spending that time with her is a great way to show her you love her and WANT to spend time with her.
- You know all those people she’s always talking to on the phone and on facebook? Here’s a great chance to meet them.
- Meeting your wife’s direct sales friends is an opportunity to see how other girls work their business. You can learn something.
- There are all sorts of opportunities to just let it all hang out and have fun!
- I challenge you to show me how going on a tropical vacation is a BAD thing!
But besides the obvious things, there are some cool reasons for you guys out there to want to go on the incentive trip with your wife.
The Hidden Gems of Traveling to the Incentive Trip
- Making friends with other direct sales husbands
- Learning from those guys how they help their wife (I always learn something new I can do to help)
- Somehow it re-prioritizes things in your life. This may just be from the vacation part of it. But you can’t underestimate the importance of this.
- You gain insight into the relationships of the girls your wife “works with” regularly.
- You get opportunities to meet the leaders in the company in a relaxed setting that is just about impossible otherwise.
- You know those “getting in shape” goals you’ve been kicking around in the back of your mind? These trips serve as serious motivation!
- Facebook pictures that will generate weeks’ worth of smiles and laughter as you relive the memories!
It may sound cheesy, but over the last 2 years I’ve made some incredible friends with guys I’ve met on the Thirty-One Leadership Incentive Trip. I’m not talking just friends while we’re there. I’m talking guys that get together through the year. People I consider real good friends. We go out of our way to spend time together. To me, this sort of thing is facilitated by the trip in ways that are much less likely to happen otherwise. Everyone is relaxed. You have built-in common interests (a wife working and excelling in direct sales). You probably have similar life experiences. Plus there are tons of couples there, so you’re bound to find people you just “click with” as a couple. I don’t know how to say it other than that. But you know exactly what I mean. If you don’t, ask your wife and she’ll explain it to you.
So, if you’ve opted out on previous trips, it’s ok. But think long and hard about doing what you need to do to make sure you don’t miss out in the future, both by helping her be successful enough to earn it, and by taking the time to make sure you go with her! You will not regret it.
In case you’re wondering, there are a TON more pictures up on Facebook. Pretty much all the “good ones” of all of us acting crazy and just having fun are there.