Thirty-One Gifts has impacted our lives in so many ways, but this is one thing that is just plain cool. How many people get the opportunity to earn an all-expenses-paid all-inclusive week-long trip to an amazing resort? This is the second year we’ve gone, and let me tell you that it is simply incredible. Beyond words, really. And earning the incentive trip is probably the single best way to make connections with other direct sales husbands.
That’s definitely one of the great benefits of Direct Sales that both the sales consultant AND her husband get to enjoy directly! In fact, one of my first exposures to anything like this was in January 2009 when I vacationed in Nassau, Bahamas. It was before Holley and I were dating and I hadn’t taken a vacation in years at that point so I used my RCI exchange and went by myself. While there, I booked an excursion to the Exumas on a huge speed boat and basically every other person on the boat was from Silpada Designs Jewelry. Something like 15 girls and their spouses were on this excursion and apparently there were hundreds (or more) who earned an incentive trip to the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in Nassau (Trip Advisor Link). I remember thinking to myself “Wow! That must be nice!”
Guys, if you get a chance, seriously check out some of those links. These places are absolutely top-notch resorts.
Now, I don’t know about you, but one thing I’ve essentially been a slacker about is vacations. In my life, I’ve never really made that a high priority, and that is probably not a good thing. So these opportunities are absolutely incredible blessings. They make awesome goal-setting targets for your wife’s business. And if push comes to shove, they probably provide a little more “incentive” for you to help in all the ways she needs all along the way to make sure she earns the trip.
How to Make Sure Your Wife Earns that Incentive Trip!
1. Identify the incentive requirements early – look at previous years’ requirements for a starting point.
2. Set earning the trip as a goal for her business – yes, actually take the time and write it down!
3. Set helping her earn the trip as a personal goal for YOU
4. Start tackling those requirements. She’s probably going to need to book parties, recruit girls to her team, get her girls to have successful businesses of their own, and maybe even promote girls to higher levels in the company.
5. Realize you’ll probably have to make some sacrifices along the way. Be OK with that. But it probably won’t be as bad as you think.
6. Use your creativity and contacts to help her achieve those dreams.
After all, the destination is paradise! It’s worth it!
In the next day or so I’m going to post some more stuff on our recent trip including a photo gallery.
Girls: Have you earned a trip before? Where did you go?
Guys: Have you been on one of these trips? How was it? What is it worth to help your wife earn it?