Ok, guys and girls. Here’s a fun activity that will bring Direct Sales Husbands and their wife closer together.
This is something Holley and I do on a pretty regular basis. At least once a month, I’d say.
What is the value of brainstorming in direct sales? For most people, it’s tremendous. On the other hand, if you have everything working exactly the way you want it and don’t want anything about your business to change (such as growing, working more efficiently, recruiting better), then you should definitely not waste your time. Do you fall into that category? I didn’t think so. Neither do we.
Here are a couple of interesting articles I found on Brainstorming that you might want to check out:
Go check those out if you get the chance. What you thought you knew about brainstorming may not actually be true.
Some general rules of thumb about brainstorming that may help you out:
- Find a comfortable place. Preferably somewhere you are less likely to get interrupted (e.g. when the kids aren’t home)
- Be prepared with something to write with. Big notepad. Good pens. Dry erase/chalkboard. Whatever is comfortable to you.
- Go for crazy wild ideas. No point in being conservative here. The wilder the better.
- Avoid criticizing any of the ideas at all. At least during the session. Everything is on the table.
- Both of you should contribute. That’s important
- Set a start time and an end time. Feel free to go over the limit if the creative juices keep floating. 30 minutes is a good place to start.
- You may consider starting the session with a particular problem in mind. It doesn’t have to stay there, though.
- Refer back to the notes later when looking for ideas.
What should you brainstorm about in the Direct Sales Business?
- How to get new bookings.
- How to get into new groups of people.
- How to get more sales and commission.
- What product combinations would be good to show.
- Party themes for your hostesses.
- Fund-raiser ideas and how to make contact with the right folks.
- How to boost your recruiting.
- How can your husband get you more business?
- What motivates you to keep working (or supporting) the business?
Obviously there’s no exhaustive list here. One of the greatest thing about direct sales is that it is YOUR business. You can run it more or less however you want! If you want to do nothing but Margarita parties with Premiere Designs (or maybe that would work better with Pampered Chef?), then go for it! Those are great fun! But you can always change it up and strive to make your business whatever you want it to be.
The point is brainstorming is a fun activity that can really benefit from bouncing ideas off each other or gathering different viewpoints to create new ideas.