Around this time every year I see a pattern start taking effect in the direct sales business. The months of September, October, and November (especially early) are a flurry of activity. Everyone’s having success. It’s a great time to sell, to recruit, and to promote. Honestly, autumn in the direct sales business is a wonderful time.
But towards the end of November and early in December these are the things I hear:
1. “It’s hard to get a party in December, everyone’s so busy.”
2. “I’m too busy to have parties! We have so much family stuff going on!”
3. “There are just too many distractions! It’s so hard to run my business right now!”
4. “I’m absolutely worn out from the last couple of months! I’m just tired right now.”
5. “I’m just going to take a break for the next month or so and then I’ll get ‘right back to it.’”
And you know what, a lot of that is true.